So second army i was going to paint required a new basing scheme.
Decided a muddy field effect would be the thing as i had the paints to paint it and i thought brown would be a nice colour to off set the the models with.
Also decided that i would start using sand, so i got myself a bag of “bird sand”, turns out i already had a bottle of pva glue!
Needed something else for the bases so i also got some Citadel “grass”.
So on to the base, its a layer of Mournfang Brown, and then a high light of Ushabti Bone. then a few dabs of random pva then the grass, it looks like this when it’s done.
Clearly not a Space marine, but in the end i use this for all my Imperial, models.